Home » Beauty » Easy 2 Ingredient Natural DIY Blackhead Remedy

Easy 2 Ingredient Natural DIY Blackhead Remedy

*This post contains affiliate links*

Hey crew! This has been such a long weekend. I mean, I can really say that I’m glad to see Monday! Whaat? Crazy, right? There was so much going on this past weekend that it left my poor little face all  broke out and covered with blackheads and acne! So I had to pull out my super easy and simple DIY blackhead remedy that my sister shared with me back in the day to help with these ‘not so pretty’ creatures that have popped up all around my nose and cheeks.

2 Ingredients Natural DIY Blackhead Remedy

Natural DIY Blackhead Remedy  Prototype Mama

This simple mix calls for two things. Honey (organic if possible) and baking soda. That’s it, just those two products that, if you’re like me, are in your panty/bathroom cabinet. I pretty much use honey in every mixture that I use for my hair and skin due to it’s natural antibacterial properties, wonderful antioxidants and moisturizing benefits and I always have baking soda in my house because  ( I have stinky boys that live with me) it’s a great multipurpose product to use for eliminating odor and exfoliating the skin. It’s crazy how these two simple items can be used in so many home/skin & hair recipes and I just found out about it!

Natural diy blackhead remedy

When using this diy blackhead remedy I usually mix 2 tablespoons baking soda with 1 tablespoon of honey and combine to make a stiff and very sticky paste that I apply to my face. Nothing fancy, just 2 everyday ingredients and 15-20 minutes of your time.

natural diy blackhead remedy

If you follow on Instagram, then you know that I applied this mixture while hanging with the hubs during Saturday movie night. Yep! I had sticky icky honey all over my face while we watch Wolf on Wall Street. It took everything in me to get my husband to stop trying to lick my face but hey, who could reset honey?

So there you have it. My treatment for fighting off these ugly blackheads using an easy & natural diy blackhead remedy that has worked for me throughout my entire girly girl years. I love that I can whip this up at a moments notice and see results immediately and plus it’s super inexpensive!

How do you deal with the nasty blackhead dilemma? Do you use a store bought product or do you use your own personal diy blackhead remedy? Share below.  I would love to see what you’re using or purchased.

UPDATE:  This little ol’ DIY was shared over at Buzzfeed Style #14 (27 Insanely Easy Two Ingredient DIYs)

Natural DIY Blackhead Remedy  Prototype Mama 2

signature

If you’re digging this post,check out some of my other DIY/Natural post:

DIY Brown Sugar & Honey Facial Scrub

Homemade Protein Treatment

20 DIY Beauty Recipes for your Hair & Skin

Hang with me | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin|

The following two tabs change content below.
Hey there, I'm Chene. Wife, mother, Editor of Prototype Mama and Founder of Southern Girl Blog Community. Prototype Mama is a place where I share my passion for crafts, joy of entertaining & journey through fitness & fashion as a mama. Grab some tea, kick up your chucks & stay for awhile.

Latest posts by Chene Whittington (see all)

commentscomments

1. Aimee Fauci says:

I swear to you, I looked at my face yesterday to check out my pimples and noticed my blackheads and thought.. Oh .I gotta grab the honey… Chene said honey removed BH!

2. Amber Simmons says:

This is awesome. I’m definitely going to have to give it a try.

3. Dawn Spatulas On Parade says:

Great to know! Wish I had of known about this when I was a teen.

4. Leah from www.thatmamajama.com says:

This is fabulous! I can’t wait to try it!

5. I will definitely have to try that. My nose always has these stupid blackheads because I have Lupus. I love that it’s natural as well. Will def try this this weekend.

6. sera mags says:

My Dad always picks the blackheads off of his face and it leaves nasty scars. When I read this I was like oh my gosh! My dad needs this! I told him about it, and him being a hardheaded Italian I figured he would definitely say no but I tried it anyway and he was like god yeah i trust you i`ll do it and it works! Me and my dad use this every night now

7. jessica says:

Is it a scrub or a mask? Do you leave the mask on and if you do for how long?

8. Amanda says:

Sounds great! Just want to make sure I’m reading right. Leave on you face for 15-20 minutes? Do you have to actively scrub at all?

9. Charlie says:

I just tried this. Gotta say, my face do feel very clean, but HOW do you use this mask without it constantly dripping?!?! I hardly made it 15 minutes because it kept dripping all the time, even after I tried to remove most of it and only had a thin layer

10. Heather says:

I just now tried this mask, and it definitely works! I’ve had blackheads all over my face ever since I was a preteen, and nothing – no medication, whether OTC or prescribed – has ever worked to get rid of them. So, I was obviously skeptical that this mask would work, but figured that if nothing else, the honey would do my skin some good (I’m a big advocate and user of homemade remedies). I used a little too much baking soda, so my mask was a bit chunky and crumbled off in small pieces the whole time, but after I rinsed it off, I looked in the mirror expecting not to see any results, and…wow. Just, wow. Almost all of the little black dots were gone! (I still have the very deep ones that will obviously take more treatment.) I kept having to look in the mirror over and over because it was just that unbelievable — miracle mask! I’m definitely sharing this with everyone I know who can benefit. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU, for sharing this amazing recipe!!! =D

11. Jessie says:

I just stumbled across this yesterday and thought well I will try it since I have everything here. It made my face so smooth. Really smoother than I have ever felt it but I didn’t see a different in my blackheads. Maybe it takes more time for deep down blackheads?? How many times a week can you use this?