Hippity Hop DIY Yarn-Wrapped Bunny Ears Tutorial
Hey! Can you believe it’s almost Easter? Yes, this year has really flown by and I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that it’s already Spring. Well as you know, with Spring comes pretty florals and the hippity hop of bunnies! So today I’m sharing with you these cute little DIY yarn-wrapped bunny ears that I made Little M. Every time we’re in a store she grabs a pair so I decided to make her own special pair that she can (hopefully) keep up with longer than a week.
DIY Yarn-Wrapped Bunny Ears Tutorial
- Wire hanger
- Plain plastic headband ( I found mine here)
- Hot glue
- First cut the wire hanger in half and carefully bend to form two ears (place to the side)
- Next add a small amount of hot glue on one end of the headband to secure the yarn
- Slowly (yet tightly) start to wrap the yarn around the band until you get to where you’re going to place the first ear
- Add a large amount of hot glue underneath the headband and take the end of your ear and press to secure and then wrap over to form a loop over the band
- Add another large amount of hot glue to the top and start to wrap the yarn around both the bunny ear and band
- Once it’s secure at the base-start to wrap the yarn up the first ear, glue at the top and cut
- REPEAT the same steps with the second ear and then continue to wrap the other side of the headband
I had a little mishap with my wire but overall I think they came out cute! Not perfect but super adorable! The only thing that matters is that my Little M loved her new bunny ears and she couldn’t wait to wear them but first I had to add a little pink bow to hers, she’s such a diva
So what about your kiddos? Do they like to wear bunny ears just for fun? What fun DIYs are you making this Easter/Spring for your little ones? I would love for you to share them below so I can come check them out.