Home » Holidays » 12 Kid’s water activities to beat the heat

12 Kid’s water activities to beat the heat

This week has been a hot one here in Louisiana!

So this next week at our summer camp I’ve decided to do an entire week of water activities to beat the heat but keep the kiddos cool and active!

water activities

Most of our kids at the camp are the typical new age kid that loves to stay inside and on video games so it’s going to be a challenge to get them to stay outside and active without the complaining but I think after the first activity– they will loosen up.

Here are some of the awesome activities that I have planned for them this week!

water 4

Swimming Pool Scrabble by Toddler Approved

Water Balloon Relay Race by Parties 4 Me

There’s a hole in my bucket! by Parties 4 Me

Sponge Brigade by Spoonful

Water Balloon Pinata by Scrap Happy Heather

Drip, Drip Dunk by Parties 4 Me

I really hope the kids love these outdoor activities because I know I am!

It looks like it’s going to be one wet and wild week at camp!

So what about you? What are some of your favorite kid’s outdoor water activities?

blog signature new

The following two tabs change content below.
Hey there, I'm Chene. Wife, mother, Editor of Prototype Mama and Founder of Southern Girl Blog Community. Prototype Mama is a place where I share my passion for crafts, joy of entertaining & journey through fitness & fashion as a mama. Grab some tea, kick up your chucks & stay for awhile.

Latest posts by Chene Whittington (see all)

commentscomments

1. Heather Fillyaw Graham says:

These are just FABULOUS! :) Thanks for sharing them… I’m going to have to try a few!

-Heather
    ((I’m a Southern Bloggin’ girl, too!))

2. Cynthia L says:

These are such great ideas! I wish I was a kid again! I am pinning this for my friends who still have young ones!

3. Desiree Penton Marshall says:

Those are some great ideas! Too cute!

4. aubreys says:

I think the sponge bullseye and water limbo are my favorites.

5. Kelly Rogers says:

These sound like lots of fun to do with the kiddos. Thanks for the ideas.

6. Ave T says:

Thanks for sharing great ideas! My baby loves everything about water!

7. lovemy2dogs says:

These look like some great things for the kiddos to do. Ice bowling, who woulda thought?! lol

8. Kita www.saywhatuwanna.com says:

I love these and they look fun we actually tried the splash and score one which was really neat

9. Michelle Rushing Hilton says:

These are great ideas. We are keeping my husband’s grandsons every other weekend, and I am so in need of ideas to keep them occupied, and they love water, so these are great!

10. Baby Teems says:

Thanks for sharing. I think I want to try to beat the heat with a few of these myself.

11. Balloon math for the win! Super cute!!!

12. kgstyle says:

I love them. I have a pre-teen boy, a teenage girl and a toddler at home..
    They aren’t always keen on going outside and the baby ALWAYS wants to get ourdoors. Becomes kind of tricky but I will try these with them. Let’s see what happens….

13. Dawn Spatulas On Parade says:

When my boys were younger we did some of these activities. They’d still do some of them at 22 and 20. ha ha

14. […] Sunny weather : Chalk drawing on the patio and sponge/ beanbag throwing game […]