If you’re a mama like me– then I know you’re looking for activities to do with your kiddos for the Christmas holiday. Well if you’re a mama like me — then I know you’re also hoping that most of these wonderful activities are FREE!
So to put you out your misery of searching for ideas– I decided to share with you some of my familys’ and some that I found throughout the years that I thought were fun to do.
1. Go check out the lights— what we did last year (Christmas light scavenger hunt)— another cute idea (doing this year)
2. Write a letter to Santa
3. Make an Advent activity calender
4. Take magical Christmas pictures of your kids
5. Make snowflakes
6. Go visit Santa– this shouldn’t be a problem– Santa is everywhere– just make sure it’s not drunken Santa!
7. Attend a Christmas play– check your local library & churches
8. Make Christmas cards for your friends & family
9. Go to your local Christmas parade– make sure to bundle up, drink hot cocoa & wear Santa hats
10. Have a cookie decorating contest
11. Go visit a tree farm
12. Make Christmas ornaments
13. Bake goodies & deliver them to neighborhood senior citizen’s home or take them to someone personally
14. Have a Gingerbread house party
15. Make homemade hot chocolate
16. Participate in Operation Christmas Child & pack a shoebox — or another charity drive that you’re family can do together
17. Have movie night & watch your favorite Christmas movies– Check ABC family– they have movies all month long — all day! I just set my DVR & record for later
18. Visit a living Nativity
19. Make a Christmas card for a solider– you can head over to Red Cross for more information – love this & doing this year!!
20. ELF your friends & family– Like being ‘BOOed’ for Halloween — Love it!
21. Make peppermint bark
22. Decorate the tree
23. Make a birthday cake for Jesus!
24. Read The Night Before Christmas by the tree
25. Enjoy each other ( play board games, tell silly jokes, do a craft project together, make up your own Christmas stories)
What are some of your favorites & what do you do with your kids for the Christmas holiday? Please share– I’m still adding to our list!